During its enviable path, Desfruta always had a growth perspective that culminated in 2014 when an ambitious project for new facilities with 9000 square meters became a reality. There, it can now ensure a storage capacity of 2000 tons of apple in 8 dynamic controlled atmosphere chambers, and 4000 tons of apple in 16 controlled atmosphere chambers, and 4000 tons in 16 normal atmosphere chambers.
In order to meet the growing demand of orders, the company invested in cutting-edge equipment which came to optimize its production in 2014, increasing in steps its cold storage, transportation and storage, up to the excellent level that has now widespread recognition.
- Construction of new cutting-edge facilities.
- Acquisition of 12.000 pallet boxes for fruit storage.
- Acquisition of pre-sorting line with 14.000 kg/hour capacity.
- Acquisition of 3 mono-size packaging lines with a packing capacity of 14.000 kg/hour.
- Implementation of 3 automatic palletizing systems.
- Installation of automatic packaging line for bags and trays.